Grow is Hull Truck Theatre’s Artist Development Programme for artists of any age at any stage in their career. The annual Grow programme consists of:
- Be Our Guest: Residencies for the development of new work
- First Time Out: Platforms for presenting work in development
- Annual Grow Festival: Here's what we got up to at Grow Festival in 2017
- Showcases: Programmed work in the Studio theatre
- Supported Artists
- Professional Development workshops: Both creative and organisational. They are available across a range of disciplines throughout the year. Workshops will take place on Saturdays and we will offer at least four each year
Be Our Guest
Be Our Guest is part of our residency programme and can be applied for by individual artists or companies. The residencies are one week in duration and exist to provide artists with the time, space and support to develop any part of the process of creating a new piece of work. We can offer funding up to the value of £1,000, which might include contributions towards loss of income, travel expenses and/or buying in the services of other artists or experts.
At the end of the residency artists can choose to either present a scratch piece to an invited audience or to make a presentation of their development to Hull Truck Theatre staff. We also ask you to provide us with one A4 sheet of written feedback and to submit a final expenditure sheet, with receipts where appropriate, showing how you have spent the funding.
Artists and companies at any stage in their careers are eligible to apply providing that they are able to articulate how and why their work resonates with Hull and Hull Truck Theatre’s mission and values.
HTT will provide:
- One week’s rehearsal space for research and development purposes
- A dedicated mentor from the HTT Grow team
- A pre-residency planning meeting to help assess your development needs
- Meetings and conversations with relevant staff
- Accommodation for up to 7 people (3 double and one single room available)
- Up to £1,000 towards your costs
HTT is unable to provide:
- Technical or production staff
- Main House or Studio theatres
Be Our Guest dates 2018
|Residency: Monday 16 July - Friday 21 July 2018||Application deadline: Monday 4 June 2018|
How to Apply
Please download the information pack, fill in the application form, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on the deadline date specified. If you prefer to send your application by video or as a voice recording, please answer the questions in no more than five minutes. We can accept recordings in MP3 format.
Be Our Guest is proudly supported by:
First Time Out
First Time Out provides artists with a chance to share work as it develops. It could be anything from a rehearsed reading, a scratch performance or preview. The performances can include discussions and feedback with audiences and Hull Truck Theatre staff. We will work with you to determine the most appropriate ways for you to gather feedback.
The next First Time Out will take place in the Studio during the week of 7 May at Grow Festival. If you would like to apply to take part please complete this form and return it to email@example.com